Digital Signage, Boardroom, Audio and Control Systems
“Since the KTSC was created in the late summer of 2002, it’s been a dream of those of us involved with this organization to find a home for the staff that would allow them to be under one roof, to function as a single, cohesive unit. One Vision Plaza does that for us,” said KTSC Chairman of the Board, William Stokely.
Located at the corner of Gay Street and Summit Hill Avenue in downtown Knoxville, One Vision Plaza combines a variety of Knoxville tourism initiatives, restores and rejuvenates a downtown location and creates an original and authentic experience for both out-of-towners and Knoxville residents. Visitors will not only find maps, brochures and friendly service, but an attractive and unique environment in which to discover all that Knoxville has to offer.“With the radio station and performance stage plus the great food and beverages available at Café Gourmet, One Vision Plaza is going to be a happening place,” said KTSC CEO and President, Gloria Ray. The radio station she refers to is WDVX, Knoxville’s wonderful Bluegrass/Americana music station.
The KTSC markets all of Knoxville’s assets and offers a one-stop shop for convention/meeting planners, national sports governing body rights-holders and leisure travelers.
The KTSC has a lot going on -live stage performances, a coffee bar, a store, as well as the corporate offices for the organization. KTSC not only wants to give the visiting public an entertaining experience with digital signage, broadcast displays, and the live music; but also needs a meeting and conference facility that can serve the different business functions the organization comprises.
On the first floor, MMS installed A/V technology in three separate areas:
- For the “Infotainment” of visitors, multi-channel Dynamic Digital Signage for the book and gift store area allows KTSC to present videos of the beautiful East Tennessee city of Knoxville, information on events and other special announcements. The content can be updated and scheduled easily from a desktop computer in the 2nd floor corporate office, with user-friendly software. It offers capability to show video on any screen in building as well as outside signage, and can store footage, show web or real time video.
- The patrons at the Cafe’ can enjoy great coffee and other treats while watching news or sporting events on the two monitors mounted directly overhead. Every weekday lunch-hour features live stage performances by area Bluegrass, Folk, or Americana artists, using the house audio system.
- A multi-zone sound system was also installed, for inside or outside audio, including a feed from the WDVX radio station located in the building, and which controls all inputs and outputs from the stage, also. An ip-based pan/tilt/zoom camera allows staff to observe everything in this public area from a remote location, if necessary – or for broadcasting events happening on the stage!
All of this makes the first floor of KTSC a popular stop for area business people, tourists and KTSC clients.
On the second floor, MMS installed a versatile boardroom system, offering a projection system for wireless computer-based presentations, a plasma display panel for additional media presentations, complete audio system with wireless mic, plus components such as dvd, vcr and cd player. The system in includes panel touch pads that will control the sound, lighting and video systems for the room.
- Digital signage in book store area:Zenith 42″ P42W34P plasma display
- Cafe TV Monitors:Monivision Monitors
- Audio system:QSC Speakers
Second floor Conference Room:
- SHARP XGC55X digital projector
- Draper Envoy projection screen
- LG 50PZ90V 50″ plasma display panel
- Room controls by Crestron